We just celebrated Matt's 26th birthday. For some reason the whole idea of turning 26 is hard for me. I am closer to thirty than twenty... I am getting old it feels like. We video taped Ava singing happy birthday to daddy and singing her favorite song twinkle twinkle little star. She has developed such a personality in the past six months!
Her latest thing she likes to do is hide from Mommy and Daddy (mainly Mommy). Usually I can find her after searching for a little while, but one day I had to wait for her to come out because I couldn't find her anywhere. I would really like to know where she hid!!!
Audrey is finally filling out. I have started putting 3 month clothes on her simply for length. They may swallow her but I have to in order for the length to be long enough. Even her long sleeve onesies are short on her arms. She is trying to communicate, it is fun to talk to her and watch her move her mouth like she would want to talk. She has been smiling at us to, really smiling, not a passing gas smile, but looking at you purposely trying to communicate.
This has been my first week back at work. Today has been a little hard because I am getting sick and also because of a story I read. Well not a story, but today is the anniversary of Jonestown and I had no idea what is was. Well good ole wikipeida explains it for you and when I got to the part about the women squirting the poison in the babies mouth and then her own, I teared up. All I could think about was little Audrey at home, and how could a mother do that to her child. It is still hard to write about it. Between this and a milk spillage incident in the break room I've been a little emotional. For some reason when I think about babies dying or being killed it really gets to me. I can't hardly talk, read or listen to things about abortion, it tears me up. Not with anger but with sadness. For some reason there has been a lot of stories about Mother's hurting their children on TV lately and it's depressing. I almost don't watch the news for that very reason.
Her latest thing she likes to do is hide from Mommy and Daddy (mainly Mommy). Usually I can find her after searching for a little while, but one day I had to wait for her to come out because I couldn't find her anywhere. I would really like to know where she hid!!!
Audrey is finally filling out. I have started putting 3 month clothes on her simply for length. They may swallow her but I have to in order for the length to be long enough. Even her long sleeve onesies are short on her arms. She is trying to communicate, it is fun to talk to her and watch her move her mouth like she would want to talk. She has been smiling at us to, really smiling, not a passing gas smile, but looking at you purposely trying to communicate.
This has been my first week back at work. Today has been a little hard because I am getting sick and also because of a story I read. Well not a story, but today is the anniversary of Jonestown and I had no idea what is was. Well good ole wikipeida explains it for you and when I got to the part about the women squirting the poison in the babies mouth and then her own, I teared up. All I could think about was little Audrey at home, and how could a mother do that to her child. It is still hard to write about it. Between this and a milk spillage incident in the break room I've been a little emotional. For some reason when I think about babies dying or being killed it really gets to me. I can't hardly talk, read or listen to things about abortion, it tears me up. Not with anger but with sadness. For some reason there has been a lot of stories about Mother's hurting their children on TV lately and it's depressing. I almost don't watch the news for that very reason.


No comments:
Post a Comment