Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ava and the "toilet"

It has been forever since a post but work blocked blogger and there's not much time for the computer at home, my kids deserve their mommy while I'm here. But this story is just too funny not to tell..

Audrey is fascinated with toilets. We've caught her playing in it with her hands (gross) and stirring the water in the hotel with her toothbrush (double gross!). This was the last time we saw that toothbrush! Ava never did anything like this, she never got into anything that she wasn't suppose to... but as they say every child is different. Audrey is our "I can get into anything" child.

A couple of nights ago Ava discovered a golf ball in the potty. She goes by herself (that was such a huge relief) and I couldn't understand why she came running into the kitchen hysterical about the potty. She was so upset I couldn't understand much of what she was saying but her pants were still pulled down and she was doing the pee pee dance. I went to the bathroom and discovered the golf ball. I got an empty toilet paper roll and picked it up. I three the roll and golf ball away, HUGE mistake.

For the last three days at least twice a day Ava has broken down into a full fledged meltdown over Audrey throwing things in the toilet (she says it like she's from England, so cute). I think it's a Hawkins thing, but I have never, ever seen her have a complete breakdown over something, much less a golf ball (that we have tons of). She is terrified that Audrey will continue to put toys in the toilet.

She told Natalie the story and has broken down spontaneously during the day about Audrey throwing the ball in the toilet. It happened one time, and she still hasn't let it go! I was making them drinks a couple night ago and she wanted the lids, she left them in the bathroom, guess what another breakdown over the possibility that Audrey could have thrown them in the toilet. If you see her and ask her about it, you better be prepared to do damage control, because you've been for warned!

Of all the things in her short three year life thus far, to have such a problem with the golf ball in the toilet is still amazing to me.

1 comment:

Lissa Michelle said...

That's hilarious! Larin's disgusting fascination with the toilet was short lived and mainly only while we were potty training Baylor...thank gosh! It's so sick! Sounds like Ava might be your little OCD girl! ;)